turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter information from a year-end statement on Turbo tax?

I received a 5498 because I retired and moved my 401K to a traditional IRA.  I also received a year-end consolidated statement, which according to Turbo tax should be reported to the IRS.  I did not receive a 1099R.  I don't know where to enter the information from the year-end statement on Turbo tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Was the 1099-R included in the consolidated statement?

Was this a trustee to trustee transfer? 

Note that you do not normally report information from a 5498 to TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is the year end statement from?  Your 401K or the IRA account?  Or personal investments outside of the 401K and IRA?  Is it a consolidated 1099 tax statement? 

If you have a consolidated tax statement. That will have sections for 1099-Int and 1099-Div and 1099B and maybe some other 1099s.  You need to enter each section in the right place.  So read it carefully and look for headings.... 1099-INT for interest or 1099-DIV for Dividends or 1099B for sales.  I highlight each heading with a yellow highlighter to find them.

If you have any 1099B for investment sales you will need to use the Online Premium version.  Or any Desktop CD/Download program.

I think the 1099R has to be a separate form and not part of the consolidated statement.  If it was a direct trustee to trustee transfer you might not get a 1099R and you don't have to report it.  If you can log into your old 401K account  you might be able to download a copy of the 1099R.  A lot of places have them posted online.  

Thanks for answering.  No, I did not receive a 1099R.  The funds stayed with the investment company but was under a 401K while I was working but was transferred to a traditional IRA. when I retired.  The entire amount was transferred to the IRA.

Thanks for answering.  The year-end statement is from the investment company.  My 401K was there when I worked but when I retired, it was transferred to a traditional IRA with the same company.  All I received was the YE consolidated statement for the IRA and the 5498.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies