Where are the errors in my 1099-R?

klenecut1561

Where are the errors in my 1099-R?

I filled this out exactly as on my 1099-R! The program is stating to fix errors?? It does not give any explanation??
TeresaM

Where are the errors in my 1099-R?

If you have error messages to fix your 1099-R form and you have "copied and pasted" to enter some of the information, it might have spaces or other invisible formatting characters that are causing the errors.  Please be sure there are no extra spaces before the entries or after the entries.  If you have imported the form, try deleting it and manually entering the information.

If you are using Turbo Tax Online, the most likely reason for buttons that don't work or not being able to enter information is that something in the web browser is not displaying the page properly.  The easiest way around this is to simply use a different web browser.  You can select from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.   If you need to install another browser, be sure to go to the trusted home site for the software for  security reasons.

If you are using the Turbo Tax Phone App, then try opening Turbo Tax in the browser window on your phone.  It will use the same login information but may display the page better.