Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

afromano

When using TurboTax Deluxe for 2023, why isn't the Gross IRA Distribution shown on the 1040-SR, line 4a?

When using TurboTax Deluxe for 2023, why isn't the Gross IRA Distribution shown on the 1040-SR, line 4a?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Did you enter the 1099-R in the correct place?  Where do I enter a 1099-R?    Make sure you answer the follow-up questions after you enter the form.   You have to go all the way through the retirement section before anything is entered on Form 1040.   There are questions about prior year disaster distributions that must be answered first.  What is on Line 4b?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dmertz
Level 15

If the entire amount of IRA distributions is taxable, line 4a is to be left blank.

afromano

Yes.  After re-reading in greater detail the IRS instructions for IRA Distributions, I agree Line 4a should be left blank.  Thanks for the quick and accurate response to my question.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies