turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is form 1099R

I could not find box7 in form1099int
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is form 1099R

What form do you have?  You are stating two 1099 forms.

Form 1099-R is used to report distributions from annuities, profit-sharing plans, retirement plans, IRAs, insurance contracts, or pensions.  Box 7 on the 1099-R form is for the code for what type of distribution you had.

Form 1099-INT is the IRS tax form used to report interest income. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What is form 1099R

Sounds like you are trying to enter something in the wrong place.  A 1099R is a document that shows money you took from a retirement plan like an IRA, 401k, etc. or pension income.  A 1099INT is for interest you got on an account with a financial institution.  

Are you trying to enter a 1099R?

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

Or are you trying to enter a 1099INT?   Go to Federal>Wages & Income>Interest and Dividends>Interest on 1099-INT

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What is form 1099R

What form do you have?  You are stating two 1099 forms.

Form 1099-R is used to report distributions from annuities, profit-sharing plans, retirement plans, IRAs, insurance contracts, or pensions.  Box 7 on the 1099-R form is for the code for what type of distribution you had.

Form 1099-INT is the IRS tax form used to report interest income. 

Bigbozz777
Returning Member

What is form 1099R

how will i know if i have to pay taxes on this 

Bigbozz777
Returning Member

What is form 1099R

1099R FROM MY 401K

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

What is form 1099R

You'll get a 1099-R if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R? screen.
    • If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
  4. Select which option matches your form and Continue.
  5. You can import your form directly from your financial institution by searching or selecting yours from one of the options on the screen. You'll be prompted to enter your financial institution account information, and TurboTax will directly import your forms.
    • If you prefer to type it in yourself, select Change how I enter my form and continue through.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies