Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cjraid

Was supposed to get 4300 received 1500 from CTC advance payments and they took that as well as an extra 1300 with no statement of why they took it. How to file hardship

Can I file Hardship to get my money back? I have to pay rent and have past due bills. What are my options and how do I go about doin this?

They took 2800.from my return with only telling about 1500 of it.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Was supposed to get 4300 received 1500 from CTC advance payments and they took that as well as an extra 1300 with no statement of why they took it. How to file hardship

$2800 sounds like it could have been for the 3rd EIP payment.   Did you incorrectly say that you did not receive that payment of $1400 per person last year?  You cannot get the 3rd EIP payment twice.  If you said you did not get it, but you did, then the IRS reduced your refund.  Check your bank records to see if you had deposits of $1400 per person.

Or check your online account'                                                                                                                                                                                     https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account       

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies