Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Angel_D

TurboTax 2023 miscalculate my 401 Roth contribution?

I imported my W2 and completed the Wages & Income part under Federal Taxes. Then I got a pop-up warning saying that my contribution to retirement plan is exceeding the maximum amount ($22500 for 2023)

I am pretty sure my company's 401k Roth auto-contribution system would stop contributing to the 401k Roth once I reached the limit, so i double-checked my W2. Under segment 12, I have 3 lines:

12a: C 361

12b: AA 22500

12c: DD 8xxx

I also verified through my Fidelity NetBenefit account that I only have 22500 as employee contribution to my 401k. Am I understanding it correctly that only AA counts for my contribution to 401k Roth, thus it shouldn't exceed the max amount at all? But why TurboTax insists that I am contributing $31xxx to my 401k as total? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do you have more than 1 W2?  Or does your spouse contribute to a 401K also?  You might have entered both spouse's W2 under the same same name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Do you have more than 1 W2?  Or does your spouse contribute to a 401K also?  You might have entered both spouse's W2 under the same same name.

And try deleting the W2 and entering it again MANUALLY.  That may clear something out and usually fixes it.

dmertz
Level 15

Make sure that the code DD amount has not mistakenly been entered with code D.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies