Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cfr701

TTax is showing HSA Taxable distribution of $1 but I think it's a rounding error. I didn't have a $1 taxbl distrb & I entrd correct # Here are some quick answers for you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TTax is showing HSA Taxable distribution of $1 but I think it's a rounding error. I didn't have a $1 taxbl distrb & I entrd correct # Here are some quick answers for you

I don't know how you would have gotten a rounding error if you had answered that the entire amount of the distribution was for qualified medical expenses.

Did you perhaps enter the dollar and cent amount of the distribution in the 1099-SA (like $99.67) but on the susquent page indicted that $99 was for qualified medical expenses?

What is the box 1 value of your 1099-SA? How did you answer the question as to how much of the distribution was for qualified medical expenses?

cfr701

Yes, I added the exact amount and when the dollar value was rounded, it was added to another rounded value and when compared to the original amount it was off by one dollar.  I removed the cents from all the dollar values and followed the correct rounding rules for all three values and that was how I got around it in time, but it is a problem in the software the should be addressed
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies