Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trouble finding the SEP / Keogh section (self employed retirement contribution maximizer tool) this year?

Just in case anyone else is having issues locating the self-employed retirement contribution calculator this year, I thought I'd share the new location. The TurboTax Self-employed edition has a new layout this year, and it might be hard to find! There is no longer a separate "Business" tab, and the program does not ask about SEP/Keogh contributions in the "self-employed income & expenses" section. To find it, you must:

-Make sure you're in the "Income & Expenses" section

-Scroll down past the summary of all your previously entered income

-Click "add more income" 

-Select "see list of all income" (if not already showing full list at the bottom)

-Scroll down to "Other Business Situations" 

-Click "see more"

-Finally, you are able to enter the "self employed retirement" section. 

*Not: This is also where SE health insurance is located this year.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Trouble finding the SEP / Keogh section (self employed retirement contribution maximizer tool) this year?

OR you can always use the SEARCH box for almost anything ... 

To enter your self-employed retirement contributions in TurboTax, log into your tax return  (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) and type "self-employed retirement" in the search bar then select "jump to self-employed retirement". TurboTax will guide you on entering this information.     

OR use the tax topics tool ... under the tax tools >> tools >> tax topics 

Some browsers don't display the search boxes, which is a pain! It's always good to know the actual route, just in case the shortcut isn't working :).

What ?   The search box is part of the TT program not the browser window.

Yes, but if your browser isn't the supported version, the TTO program won't show the search box. I've had at least 3 people mention it to me. May also be an issue with cache/cookies, but it definitely affects some users.

I use Chrome with no ill effects.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies