Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

drbravard

Transfer 1099r data from vanguard

how to direct transfer data from vanguard
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Follow the steps below to get to the importing section in TurboTax software.

1. Log into your TurboTax account, if you are not already, and get inside of your return

2. In the search box in the top right corner, type in "import" and hit enter

3. From the drop down, select "Jump to import" and this will take you to the Import Summary screen

4. Choose "Add Other Documents" and this is where you will be able to import your tax documents

5. Select Import from my bank or brokerage and then type in VANGUARD Securities and Continue

6. This will take you to the screen to enter your login information for you your Vanguard account in order to import the 

information into the software. Enter the login credentials and then select Continue

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelDC

Follow the steps below to get to the importing section in TurboTax software.

1. Log into your TurboTax account, if you are not already, and get inside of your return

2. In the search box in the top right corner, type in "import" and hit enter

3. From the drop down, select "Jump to import" and this will take you to the Import Summary screen

4. Choose "Add Other Documents" and this is where you will be able to import your tax documents

5. Select Import from my bank or brokerage and then type in VANGUARD Securities and Continue

6. This will take you to the screen to enter your login information for you your Vanguard account in order to import the 

information into the software. Enter the login credentials and then select Continue

rpm1942
Returning Member

I cannot import from Vanguard  Brokerage, my user name and Password are correct the problem they require two step verification, how do I input this  ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies