Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbblazer

Total distribution deceased husband's( DOD 11/23/18) retirement account received 12/18/18, Can I still deposit to a qualified account for 2018 year today?

Can I claim hardship or extenuating circumstances due to death that it was not completed in 60 days? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PhyllisG

Total distribution deceased husband's( DOD 11/23/18) retirement account received 12/18/18, Can I still deposit to a qualified account for 2018 year today?

You were required to transfer the amount into a qualified account within 60 days of the date of distribution in order for the lump-sum not to be taxable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhyllisG

You were required to transfer the amount into a qualified account within 60 days of the date of distribution in order for the lump-sum not to be taxable.

mbblazer

No exception for extenuating circumstances or hardship due to the death?  
PhyllisG

Yes.  There are circumstances when the rollover period may be waived.  You will need to visit irs.gov and review the page entitled: Retirement Plans FAQs relating to Waivers of the 60-Day Rollover Requirement at

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/retirement-plans-faqs-relating-to-waivers-of-the-60-day-rollove...>.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies