turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rachelflannery
Returning Member

Told: you have a penalty on early withdrawal of savings and need to upgrade to deluxe

I received the alert when I finally finished federal and state and was on the last review to file "You have a penalty on early withdrawal of savings." and I need to upgrade to deluxe for $118. I have no idea what this penalty could be. I did not receive a 1099R, I do not have an IRA or Roth IRA, I have not made any withdrawals from my 403b. I did receive at 1099INT but only box 1 had any information. What could this be about?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Told: you have a penalty on early withdrawal of savings and need to upgrade to deluxe

Go back to where the 1099-INT is entered in TurboTax and make sure that you did not accidentally enter something in box 2. Box 2 is where a penalty for early withdrawal of savings would be.

It was for the penalty you paid at the bank like if you cashed in a CD early.  You can deduct the penalty from your income.  It's a good thing.  If you don't want to upgrade you can delete the amount in box 2 of the 1099 INT.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies