turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

katzen66

If our State tax form says we are deceased, why does it? I had requested to have the Federal return withdrawn from my account on the 14th not paid with payment vouchers.

I had selected to have our Federal Tax payment withdrawn from my account and instead I received Payment Vouchers, why? On our State return it says we are deceased and we are not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If our State tax form says we are deceased, why does it? I had requested to have the Federal return withdrawn from my account on the 14th not paid with payment vouchers.

Okay, then the vouchers are for 2019 estimated payments, not the payment you have set to be withdrawn on Sunday.  TurboTax will print the estimated payments if you went through that section or you owed this year but you don't have to make those payments; they are not required.  There is a deceased field on the Colorado state form, but as long as there is no checkmark in the box when you print the form, it does not report you or your spouse as deceased. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Do the federal vouchers says 1040-ES  OR  1040-V?  And what state?  And do you show deceased on your federal return or just state?
katzen66

The vouchers say 1040-ES and no it does not show deceased on Federal only on the Colorado State return.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Okay, then the vouchers are for 2019 estimated payments, not the payment you have set to be withdrawn on Sunday.  TurboTax will print the estimated payments if you went through that section or you owed this year but you don't have to make those payments; they are not required.  There is a deceased field on the Colorado state form, but as long as there is no checkmark in the box when you print the form, it does not report you or your spouse as deceased. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies