Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

truksznis

The IRS is requesting schedule se fpr my 2020 tax return. I entered information for a 1099 in TurboTax but this form was not populated. Why would this have happened?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The IRS is requesting schedule se fpr my 2020 tax return. I entered information for a 1099 in TurboTax but this form was not populated. Why would this have happened?

Depends on how you entered the 1099 income ... if it ended up on the Sch 1 line 8 (and the amount is more than $400) then the IRS expected it to be reported on a Sch C and the self employment taxes paid on the profit.  If you did not put the amount on the Sch C then the form SE was not produced.   So if you have no expenses against this 1099 income to report and the IRS has already figured the SE taxes you can simply go ahead and pay them.  If you want to stand your ground that this did not belong on a Sch C then you will have to explain why to the IRS. 

did you get a 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC?

If you got a 1099-NEC you must file Schedule C+ Schedule SE

@truksznis 

You are asking from the Retirement section of the program.  Exactly what type of 1099 did you get?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies