turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS has amended our refund stating a name or social security number was wrong. On me or my spouse is over the age limit. I checked my return and all is correct.

Now TurboTax is not available to help. I thought we paid a premium for their assistance.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The IRS has amended our refund stating a name or social security number was wrong. On me or my spouse is over the age limit. I checked my return and all is correct.

That is one of the list of generic reasons they give if they changed the Recovery rebate credit on line 30.  How much is on 1040 line 30?

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered the wrong amounts in the 2 boxes.  If you entered the total you got for both rounds in the same box it would think you didn't get the other one.  The IRS knows how much they already sent you.  You might have tried to claim it again on line 30.

$3600.00. I don’t remember why it’s that amount. We haven’t received any stimulus payment.

$3,600 would be for the first 2 Stimulus payments for married and no dependents.  2400 for the first round and 1200 for the second round.  You didn't get them?  The IRS thinks they already sent it to you.

Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

How to put a trace on a missing 1st or 2nd Stimulus payment.  IRS for Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received

See question F3 here, you can expand it to see how to put a trace on it.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2020-recovery-rebate-credit-topic-f-finding-the-first-and-second-econom...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies