Don't have 1099 can I file without it

Don't have 1099 can I file without it

It really depends on the type of 1099. if it's a 1099-INT, I would call the credit union or bank or whomever you have the account with and get the correct amount. it's then ok to file. I would not try and file if I was waiting for a 1099-B where sale of assets were involved.You must have an idea of the 1099's you are waiting for, so I would call the company and find out what is holding them up.You can file without having the 1099 but be prepared to amend if you receive one after filing and it does not agree with the information on your return.

Don't have 1099 can I file without it

Well I haven't received it....I think it went too the wrong address....I  went from independent contractor to a employee

Don't have 1099 can I file without it

Perhaps you can ask for another copy? Have you called them?

Don't have 1099 can I file without it

Ok I'll ask them for another copy but I didn't want the issue of them sending two copies to the irs

Don't have 1099 can I file without it

That shouldn't happen, just tell them you never received your copy. The IRS can tell a duplicate, but they won't send them one. Good luck!