Solved: Thank you, that was helpful.  Can I borrow $11,000...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwsims01

Just got a 1099-misc for my deceased partner's unused vacation time. As the beneficiary do I have to pay taxes on this? And how is it legal for them to wait until April 12th to send me this form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Just got a 1099-misc for my deceased partner's unused vacation time. As the beneficiary do I have to pay taxes on this? And how is it legal for them to wait until April 12th to send me this form?

As the beneficiary do I have to pay taxes on this?

Yes, it's called income in respect of a decedent and is reported by you the same as if your partner received it.

And how is it legal for them to wait until April 12th to send me this form?

It should have gone out by January 31, but the fact that it didn't has no effect on it being taxable to you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

As the beneficiary do I have to pay taxes on this?

Yes, it's called income in respect of a decedent and is reported by you the same as if your partner received it.

And how is it legal for them to wait until April 12th to send me this form?

It should have gone out by January 31, but the fact that it didn't has no effect on it being taxable to you.

View solution in original post

hwsims01

Thank you, that was helpful.  Can I borrow $11,000?
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings