turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdoutric

I forgot to report a $108 lump sum social security 2017 adjusted retirement benefit on my 2018 return. Do I need to amend my 2018 return to account for this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I forgot to report a $108 lump sum social security 2017 adjusted retirement benefit on my 2018 return. Do I need to amend my 2018 return to account for this?

If you mean on the SSA 1099 form in the bottom left there was a payment for 2017 then no ... you do not need to amend.  And even if you did amend I highly doubt that little amount would make any difference. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you mean on the SSA 1099 form in the bottom left there was a payment for 2017 then no ... you do not need to amend.  And even if you did amend I highly doubt that little amount would make any difference. 

jdoutric

Thank you for the reply.  My 2018 SSA 1099 did not show anything for 2017.  Everything was listed as 2018.  But I later found a letter saying I received a small lump sum that I didn't recall.  So you don't think I need to do follow up?

I would not bother.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies