Stock Sale

Stock Sale

I cashed in some stock from my former employer. I received both a 1099-B and a 1099-R for this transaction. Do I have to include both when filing my return?

Stock Sale

Yes. This is not uncommon. Please see the answer below.

Stock 1099-B and 1099-R

Stock Sale

My TurboTax is not letting me record stock and bond transactions.  I have the home and business version.  I have started the form and am ready to enter Schedules and 1099 but the program stops.

Stock Sale

Is anyone home? 

Stock Sale

I cannot get the Quick zoom to let me enterCapital Gains (loss) transactions.   I am using Gainskeeper.

I have used TT for over a decade and have never had these problems.  

Do I have a dude program?

Stock Sale

Are you saying you can't import from Gains keeper? Did you try these procedures?

If using the software: 

1. To export your TXF file, click here: Realized Gain/Loss Report Exported as a TurboTax (.TXF) File.
  2. Start the TurboTax program and click on File>Import>From Accounting Software.

3. Select Instant Data Entry: Other Financial Software (TXF file).

4. Follow the instructions that display.

if you are using the online version, you can import gainskeeper transactions by:

1. federal>wages and income>investment income>Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds,Other
  2. Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? YES
  3. Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales? YES
  4. Next screen you will enter Gainkeeper in the search bar. if you know the login and password, you can import the information into Turbo Tax.