jlporter56

Statutory employee and retirement plan are Not checked on my W2 that I got from my employer but you have it checked. Does that make a difference. I don't understand why I am getting so little back compared to last year.

AnthonyC

Yes, having statutory employee box checked when not applicable may make a difference on your refund.

Review your W2 by searching for “W2” in the search box in the top right hand corner and clicking the “jump to W2” link.  (If you are just logging in, make sure you click Take Me to My Return first before searching or you won't get the jump to link).  Click Edit next to the W2 in question and scroll down towards box 13 (see screenshot).  If the statutory employee box is checked on TurboTax, but not on your actual W2, then uncheck the box.  You should do the same for the retirement plan box.  
SheSheRah

I have a similar problem.  My W2 box 13 is NOT checked (downloaded or on paper) and the IRA deduction will not take because it says Box 13 IS checked and I am NOT covered by employer retirement plan. 

How do I get turbotax to accept the 7000 IRA contribution? 

Thank you