Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Since my return was rejected electronically on 3.30.20, i submitted a paper return 4.16.20. I am still unable to view a status. Since i paid premium benefits please help.

My ex-husband listed one of the dependents who i'm supposed to claim on his return. He since then amended his return and removed said dependent. I also filed an amendment and have not been able to fiew the status of my refund. What can i do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Since my return was rejected electronically on 3.30.20, i submitted a paper return 4.16.20. I am still unable to view a status. Since i paid premium benefits please help.

The status of a federal amended tax return that you mailed to the IRS can be viewed on this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

However, the IRS is not processing any paper tax returns at this time.  The normal time-frame for processing an amended tax return is 16 weeks.   But due to the pandemic and then the Economic Impact Payments, the IRS is under manned.

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your Economic Impact Payment. Paper returns will be processed   once processing centers are able to reopen.

Hopefully the amended return mailed in BEFORE you got your original refund will not delay everything however expect amended returns to take from 4 to 6 months to process this year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies