turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ry_c
Level 1

Should I have received two 1099-R forms to report to the IRS when doing a 1035 exchange from one annuity to another? Or do I only need a 1099-R from the one I sold?

I went from a Talcott Resolution Life & Annuities annuity to a Vanguard annuity with a 1035 exchange.  I only received a 1099-R from Talcott and have entered it manually into turbotax.  Is that all I need to do to report the 1035 exchange?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Should I have received two 1099-R forms to report to the IRS when doing a 1035 exchange from one annuity to another? Or do I only need a 1099-R from the one I sold?

Yes, just the one Form 1099-R.  Simply enter the code 6 Form 1099-R and TurboTax will include it on Form 1040 line 4c but exclude it from the taxable amount on line 4d

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, just the one Form 1099-R.  Simply enter the code 6 Form 1099-R and TurboTax will include it on Form 1040 line 4c but exclude it from the taxable amount on line 4d

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies