twinkle340

Should I enter retirement income if i had a early withdrawal from my 401k and the 10% taxes were already taken out of the withdrawal at my request upfront?

You enter the Form 1099-R for the withdrawal as received on your tax return.  Retirement plan administrators have until January 31 to provide a 2019 Form 1099-R.

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

The 10% that was withheld may be higher or lower than the actual Federal tax that you owe.  You might owe state taxes as well.