Jameslindasvanoe

RMD

I was told that my pension from Wisconsin Retirement System is a qualified plan.  Therefore part of the pension is an RMD.  However you are asking for the amount of the RMD in your tax form.  Yet it is not a part of the Form 1099-R.  There is no place on the form that shares that info.  What do I do?  Where do I get this?  or is the agent that I spoke with ill informed and the pension is not a qualified plan?

ToddL99

RMD

All of your pension from the Wisconsin Retirement System is an RMD.

The entire amount of a monthly defined pension payment is an RMD (required minimum distribution).  

When entering the 1099-R, be sure that the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box is not checked.

When asked "Was this withdrawal an RMD?", the answer is "Yes",  then check "All of this distribution is an RMD." 

ToddL99

RMD

Jameslindasvanoe

RMD

Thanks Todd.  It all can be a bit confusing.

Jim