Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TaxStat-1
Returning Member

Returns rejected because TurboTax thinks Roth IRA conversion was an inherited IRA.

My return was rejected because Turbo Tax thinks IRA conversion was an inherited IRA

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Returns rejected because TurboTax thinks Roth IRA conversion was an inherited IRA.

The error/rejection you are experiencing is connected with entries on Form 8606. Please see this link to sign up for updates related to this issue: Why Am I Getting a "Check This Entry" Error Related to For 8606? Once the issue is resolved you will be notified and will be able to resubmit your tax return.

@TaxStat-1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CaptZ
Returning Member

I just tried the same sequence - my return was now accepted!

CV86

What do you mean same sequence?

Mine was rejected after a conversion as well. What do I need to do before I refile?

thanks!

dmertz
Level 15

If you are using the CD/download version of TurboTax, make sure that you have updated to the version released yesterday, then, with either the CD/download or online version, just refile.

The fix is in (so to speak).  I opened TT first thing in the morning (Friday, 5 March), got the updates, went to the Income Section, deleted the 1099-R in question, re-downloaded the form from my brokerage account and resubmitted my Federal and State tax returns.  Both were accepted within a couple of hours.

jcmoor499
Returning Member

I get an "access denied" message when I click on this link.

Silaswilliams
Returning Member

how do i fix this prob

Silaswilliams
Returning Member

was this problem taken care of I need to fix this. or is it done. 

Software update was applied 5 March.  Launch TT, accept updates and then go to the Income Section with the Roth IRA.  Delete what you currently have entered and then do that section again.  That worked for me and others that reported this problem in Jan-Feb.

Yes, the software has been updated to handle Roth IRA conversions.

Here is a TurboTax link with the steps.

Here's a TurboTax article about Roth IRA conversions.

@Silaswilliams

Silaswilliams
Returning Member

what now what do i do....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies