Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gbgb11
Returning Member

Tried to finalize and file the tax but Turbotax asking me to fill some information from 1099-B worksheet (TD Ameritrade Clearing INC) -

asked for Description must be entered for Property Number 1, Date Sold, Date Acquired, Sales Price, Cost or Adjusted Basis..  I downloaded everything directly from Ameritrade account don't know what is this about
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Tried to finalize and file the tax but Turbotax asking me to fill some information from 1099-B worksheet (TD Ameritrade Clearing INC) -

I can't be sure, because I can't see what's posted to your return, but based on the description you gave, this sounds like the sale of a property, or second home.

I suggest you go into the data entry area of the 1099-B as if you were going to enter items manually.

1. Start at Federal
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll to Investments & Savings
  4. Select Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B) [Start or Revisit]
  5. Did you have investment income in 2022? - Yes
  6.  Get ready to be impressed  Continue
  7. You can enter your information to import the details (don't do this, proceed to manual entry)
  8. —----------- OR —------------------------
  9. Select Enter a different way
  10. Choose the Box  Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds Continue
  11. Follow the interview to post your information.

Scan what was posted and see if you can identify something that looks irregular.

If this does not completely answer your question, please contact us again and provide some additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gbgb11
Returning Member

I called support and got the answer hope can help other user.  I downloaded  the integrated tax report from Ameritrade and it created 1099-b even there is no transaction at all so there is a 1099-B form with 0 on it.  

When finalizing the tax return there is a final check taking me to enter transaction description, date, sales price...  actually not existed.   

you can go to "search form". Type 1098-B. and from the list with all forms right click on the form then delete it.  

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Here's more info on How to Delete Imported Transactions.

@gbgb11 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies