Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sh321

Software error - Early Withdrawal Penalty listed on my 1040 Schedule 1, Line 18 but I didn't withdraw any funds

I was reviewing my federal returns before eFiling, and noticed that on Line 18 of my 1040 Schedule 1, there is a value listed for "Penalty for early withdrawal of savings" which impacts my AGI by a significant amount.

I haven't withdrawn any funds from any retirement accounts or CDs and I have no 1099-Rs in my return.

I've deleted and re-added all of my forms multiple times, I've double checked under all of the subsections to income and additional tax payments and I don't have anything listing that I withdrew any funds. There's nothing anywhere in my info that matches the value on line 18.

I tried to clear everything and restart from scratch but TurboTax won't allow that after you've paid the filing fee.

I am incredibly frustrated and don't know how to correct this software error, would appreciate any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Software error - Early Withdrawal Penalty listed on my 1040 Schedule 1, Line 18 but I didn't withdraw any funds

You need to check any and all your 1099-INT forms.

That $$ amount is from box 2 on one (or more) of those 1099-INT forms...either a real entry there, or a mistaken entry in the wrong box.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You need to check any and all your 1099-INT forms.

That $$ amount is from box 2 on one (or more) of those 1099-INT forms...either a real entry there, or a mistaken entry in the wrong box.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
sh321

This solved it - that value was added mistakenly in field 2 of a 1099-INT form.

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies