Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Pension deduction worksheet/early w/draw due to Covid-19. Retirement distribution. Federal Amount. When will this be fixed?

Michigan state updated today and I was now allowed to transmit.

Pension deduction worksheet/early w/draw due to Covid-19. Retirement distribution. Federal Amount. When will this be fixed?

The updates are in for NYS.  I just e-filed both Federal and NYS and it worked.  Finally!

worked for me.  thanks.

I was finally able to file this morning - try again guys! 

You were actually right. I wish I had seen your advice before I sent off federal by itself. Big problem now with filing my state. Waiting again for answer from TurboTax in terms of how to resolve the issue and allow me to file my state separately.

How is there a problem filing your state? Your state information is pulled from your federal, so, unless you didn’t go through the entire process of completing both up to the point of only having to select “e-file,” I’m not sure how you’d be having issues? 

@ Mikeusmc1371 

@ defray 

There is a known new issue for many users who filed the Federal return first and now want to efile a state return.  Many are hitting a block even though the previously-filed Federal return has been accepted.

This just started about 36-48 hours ago.

Users with this issue can sign up for notifications at this FAQ:

FAQ: Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Ok, that does it for me with TurboTax. I’ll never use them again after this debacle. I was so confused because I was able to e-file my state on the 10th after they FINALLY fixed the pension deduction worksheet issue and I had also e-filed my federal a week and a half prior......so, the fact that they somehow broke what was working after taking their time to fix the other issues? Unbelievable 

@ctom23

It works if you file both at the same time.

If you had previously filed federal but held back on the state, at least for me in NY, you get the error.

E-file requires federal return

A week or two ago, I had planned on e-filing both at the same time.

The federal went but the state "failed" because of a pending NY form.

The NYS form was subsequently released so I went back in to e-file for NY and am now getting that error.

TT Deluxe shows the federal was already e-filed so this was clearly a program "bug."

I was on with level 2 support for 90 minutes yesterday but they could not resolve it.

The problem was escalated to level 3 (the developers) and I'm waiting to hear back.

You did what a lot of people did. My issue is that on Wednesday morning, they had the issue with the state form fixed, and a lot of us were able to e-file state returns. So in less than a day, they managed to re-break what they fixed lol. And I do understand the whole evolving situation with the IRS and taxes and what not, but my problem is, nooooobody seems to know anything when it comes to getting answers from TT. For instance, I knew there were some things included in the relief bill that could effect my tax filings, but, I also know that I can file amended returns to include those changes when they were passed. I’m thankful that I was able to file both, and I fully intend on amending them. 

Yes, I signed up already. I am done with them as well.

@robbyja Thanks for sharing that.  Fortunately, I waited to e-file both returns when I encountered the first issue.  I hope TT will be able to resolve this quickly.  It's adding anxiety for everyone.  Good luck!

Please let us know if you hear anything. I signed up to be notified if problem has been resolved. At this point, they will probably fail to notify customers once problem has been fixed. Unbelievable stuff.  

It's been a few days since my call with TT level 2 support.  I've heard nothing new since then (they are supposed to email me when they close my case) and I open TT Deluxe every morning looking for a program update.  Nothing yet...  I certainly will update this thread when something changes.  

Yes, I agree about having to file amended taxes.  In my 40+ years of filing taxes, I've never had to do that (but will need to do so this year).  I saw a post from a TT support expert that said there's a "bright spot" in TT this year which is that you can now e-file amended returns.   For me, another "bright spot" is that I just received a paper mailed notice that they completed my 2019 return (yes, you read that correctly) but can't send funds electronically (presumably because it's last year's return?)  The letter said to expect a paper check in 2-4 weeks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies