turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dl48154

On the Michigan tax return, an error message "Pension Deduction Worksheet: Date of Conversion has an invalid date", but the date is input just fine. How do I fix this?

I have manually entered the date on the "forms" section of TT, using the mm/dd/yyyy format, but I still get the error message.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

On the Michigan tax return, an error message "Pension Deduction Worksheet: Date of Conversion has an invalid date", but the date is input just fine. How do I fix this?

I'm getting the error about the amount which is correct.

dl48154

As a follow-up to my original post, I will add that I waited online for 45 minutes to actually talk to a TT representative who, despite her persistence and interest in solving the problem, was unable to make the error message go away.  I was able to manually input the correct dates into the form using the Forms portion of the software, but the error message persisted.  Since I didn't plan to e-file my state return, and since this error only affected that one part of the state return, and since the printed copies I was going to mail in did not include this particular form, I chose to ignore the error message and proceed with filing as is.  This came with the consensus of the TT rep, who could not make the error message go away, but said she would note this problem as an issue which they needed to address.  

I hope this helps anyone else who has converted a traditional IRA to a Roth in the state of Michigan.  Good luck!

LK72

I have filled in the date several times and it keeps asking the same question 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies