Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If Form 1099 R pension is thru a union not a financial institution where do I show it?

If Form 1099 R is through a union not a financial institution where do I show the income?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If Form 1099 R pension is thru a union not a financial institution where do I show it?

It does not mater who issues the Form 1099-R.  Then are all entered in the same section of the program

Enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

On the screen Did you get a 1099-R in 2020? Click on Yes

On the next screen click on Continue

On the screen Let's import your tax info Click on Change how I enter my form

On the screen How do you want to add your 1099‑R? Click on Type it in myself

reggie143

Hi I keep getting your retirement area will be ready soon. and I have the premier version.

when will it be available every time I try to enter my 1099-r I get that above message.

Please help.

Reggie

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@reggie143 You should be able to input a 1099-R form. If you have the desktop version, you need to update. If you are using online, you will need to clear cookies and cache, change browsers. try a different computer, update the internet browser, check firewall/anti virus software, check system requirements.

The 1099-R is one of the most basic forms. It handles all retirement income, rollovers and  IRA's. It is one of the first things up and going. See Where do I enter my 1099-R?

It may be that you need more help,  you can fill this form out for someone to call you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies