Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have entered 5 1099R forms. 4 of them were not reinvested funds and had taxes withheld. 1 was a large sum that was reinvested and did not have withholdings. Turbo tax asked me for 4 of them if i r

Reinvested and i said no.  I was not asked that question for the large amount which was reinvested.  That large amount is showing up with income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

I have entered 5 1099R forms. 4 of them were not reinvested funds and had taxes withheld. 1 was a large sum that was reinvested and did not have withholdings. Turbo tax asked me for 4 of them if i r

If one of your 1099-R forms reported a rollover, that 1099-R would has a code (G or H) to indicate it was a direct rollover.  For that 1099-R, TurboTax doesn't need to check with you about whether you rolled-over the distribution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you are looking at a summary screen or review screen those show the full amount as income and lump a lot of stuff together. You need to check the actual 1040 form and make sure it's right.

If you rolled it over it should say Rollover to the left of the taxable amount on 4b or 4d.   For 2019 IRA distributions show up on 1040 line 4a and the taxable amount on 4b.  Pensions, 401K and Annuities go on lines 4c & 4d.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies