turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, my NJ tax return is being withheld until 2020. However, I clicked that I did notwant it to roll over?.. Not sure if it's because some NJ docs are missing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Hi, my NJ tax return is being withheld until 2020. However, I clicked that I did notwant it to roll over?.. Not sure if it's because some NJ docs are missing.

"Hi, my NJ tax return is being withheld until 2020."

Do you mean "your NJ tax refund"?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If your NJ tax refund has not been received, and you received a notice, more direction would be provided in the letter for your next steps.  But, the best option is to contact New Jersey directly to receive a better explanation.

There are several reasons that NJ may withhold your refund. Please double check your NJ tax return that you filed to confirm that the overpayment wasn't applied to next year's estimates on line 64.

If there is any balance due to the state including garnishments, any refund would be allocated to cover this requirement.

If your refund is delayed simply because you filed late, the refund received in 2020 will apply to your 2020 tax return which would be completed next year in 2021. 

@deanmarco23

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies