Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you please provide specific steps on how to locate the supporting workpaper that calculates the taxable portion of my social security earnings?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Can you please provide specific steps on how to locate the supporting workpaper that calculates the taxable portion of my social security earnings?

If you are working in TurboTax online, you can't see the calculation until you print your tax return. You don't have to have filed it yet, but you must have passed through Step 1 under the File section.

After that you can print or view your return from the Print Center:

1. In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools, near the bottom.
  2. Select Print Center.
  3. Then choose Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  4. Select View or print forms.
  5. Select Tax return, all calculation worksheets.
  6. Click on Preview print copy. 
  7. Scroll through the return until you find the worksheet titled, Social Security Benefits Worksheet 2019.

If you are using software installed on your computer, just click on the Forms icon toward the upper right corner. Search for Social Sec in the list on the left. Highlight that, and you will see the worksheet in the reading pane.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax tools does not show up when I log onto my account. It should be located in the lower left hand corner but not there. I would like to access a work paper but need to go they the steps you noted above. 
thank you. 

@jedmundell 

It's there, but you have to be actually inside the 2019 tax file itself...not just logged  into your account.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies