Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mdemelfi
Returning Member

benefits modeler

Is there a scenario modeler to be able to determine the best way timing for filing for a married couple ?

(E.g.  wife does not work, husband 'retires' at 60.  wife files at 67 and husband delays until max benefit)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

benefits modeler

You can try the below link. It may not be exact but hopefully it can get you closer to an answer.

https://www.bankrate.com/retirement/calculators/social-security-benefits-calculator/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ami2621
Returning Member

benefits modeler

We got a pretty nice modeler from our Retirement Club that has linked worksheets: budget, Retirement Needs, Wants and Wishes, Retirement income, etc. I was able to modify the spreadsheet to include several sources of retirement income, forecasting the changes with COLA, gains, taxes, etc. I also added our nest egg totals, withdrawals, draw downs required to meet our retirement budget on any given scenario in taking the retirement sources.  I linked a few other spreadsheets: key on social security, pensions at various ages for both of us and one that just contains results (nest egg changes, funding totals) at key ages in our retirement journey. Its eye opening the difference between what you focus on and whats important  like wheres the break even point between Early, Full and Late SS. Hoever that doesn't meet our retirement mission statement. We arent focused on dying with millions but more on have a little fun during our Go Go yrs. At some point we all end up on the park bench.. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies