Solved: Pension retirement exclusion: can i get info re nj retirement/pension exclusion?

Pension retirement exclusion: can i get info re nj retirement/pension exclusion?

where can I find info on the NJ pension exclusion?   Number 28a on the NJ tax return.

The retirement income exclusion is available to taxpayers with $100,000 or less in gross income who are 62 or older or (blind or disabled). The exclusion is being increased over a four-year period. Please view the New Jersey link below for more information.

I tried researching this online and got inaccurate information. When I called the TurboTax help line, Tom, the very helpful agent directed me to the following website:

http://state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/njit7.shtml

The exclusion is only if you make less than $100,000. however, the exclusions vary according to your tax filing status and the year which is being filed. I had read online that the exclusion went up to $80,000. for tax year 2019. However, this is for married couples. As I am single, my exclusion is only $60,000.  If you look at the website above, the table clearly delineates what exclusion you are entitled to year-by-year. It increases again for tax year 2020.

I hope this saves some people from the confusion which might be caused, as it was for me, by inaccurate website postings.

Good Luck everyone:-)