Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

steve_n2

On Louisiana return;I entered the code 04E.I got"We'll remove this duplicate...deduct this..automatically..."On LA form where is my military retirement 1099-R deduction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On Louisiana return;I entered the code 04E.I got"We'll remove this duplicate...deduct this..automatically..."On LA form where is my military retirement 1099-R deduction?

Look at LA Schedule E - 2018 Adjustments to Income. If you made the entry correctly, it should appear here on the Louisiana Anuual Retirement Income Exempt Smart worksheet. On your LA, you won't see a deduction, rather this amount is excluded from federal income, so the amount of the state income is reduced.

Note that you have to make this entry on your federal return when you add the 1099-R. Immediately after you enter the 1099-R, you should be asked what state(s) this distributions applies to, and then you will be asked what type of pension it is (military  = 04E federal).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Look at LA Schedule E - 2018 Adjustments to Income. If you made the entry correctly, it should appear here on the Louisiana Anuual Retirement Income Exempt Smart worksheet. On your LA, you won't see a deduction, rather this amount is excluded from federal income, so the amount of the state income is reduced.

Note that you have to make this entry on your federal return when you add the 1099-R. Immediately after you enter the 1099-R, you should be asked what state(s) this distributions applies to, and then you will be asked what type of pension it is (military  = 04E federal).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies