jesandsjr

My wife is a German citzen and receives a small German pension. Must I enter her retirement income and where and how do I enter it into our joint filing.

Is my wife's income taxable

bine22

If you live in the US, you would enter her German pension just like US social security income on a SSA1099 (assuming it's from the Rentenversicherung). The pension is not taxable in Germany (Germany-US Tax Treaty). The opposite is true, if you live in Germany

Helmuth1943

who supplies Form SSA1099?

KarenJ2

You would enter the German pension as if you had received a SSA-1099.  Indicate yes that you received Social Security Benefits. and enter the amount.

1. Click on the Federal Taxes tab at the top or left hand side of your screen
  2. Select Wages & Income
  3. Scroll down to Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)
  4. Click on Add