lisapagan18

My SS# is invalid and it is my social security number why is this I never had a problem

JohnB5677

Did you try to file your tax return and it came back as Rejected because of your Social Security Number. 

If that is the case,

• Someone else has filed with you as their dependent,
  • or someone else has filed with your Social Security Number

First check your family to confirm that no one else used you as a dependent.

If you are confident of that, you can mail your tax return.

The IRS will send you some questions that will help confirm who you are.  These will also go to any other individual that may have used the Social Security Number.

The IRS will then sort it out.

SteamTrain

Also, there is/was a "software" problem this year, with people whose SSN's started with a zero. 

It's been reported, but I have no idea whether it's been fixed...but if yours starts with a zero, then that's the issue and the software has not been fixed for that yet. 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*