• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grovz1

My military retirement 1099-R is wrong. DFAS/Mypay state they will not fix or correct it. I was awarded CRSC in place of CRDP and it is back dated. Strickland Decision

How does Turbo Tax account for the difference
3 Replies
ReneeM7122
Level 8

My military retirement 1099-R is wrong. DFAS/Mypay state they will not fix or correct it. I was awarded CRSC in place of CRDP and it is back dated. Strickland Decision

To fix the difference for the untaxable amount as per the Strickland Decision:

In the State section you will enter a correction under "Enter your Total Other Exclusions."

Here is an example of what that entry would look like:

lshaffer
Level 2

I had a similar problem a few years ago I just filed an amended return and attached a spread sheet showing my calculations and explanation (ie a copy of the CRSC determination) to get a tax refund.  It appeared the IRS is aware of the CRSC and the 1099-Rs from DFAS.  If you look at the amended return it is rather easy to file 

ReneeM7122
Level 8

Correct.  If a return is not yet filed but you want to to fix the difference for the untaxable amount as per the Strickland Decision:

In the State section you will enter a correction under "Enter your Total Other Exclusions."

Here is an example of what that entry would look like:

@lshaffer

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v