grovz1

My military retirement 1099-R is wrong. DFAS/Mypay state they will not fix or correct it. I was awarded CRSC in place of CRDP and it is back dated. Strickland Decision

How does Turbo Tax account for the difference
ReneeM7122

To fix the difference for the untaxable amount as per the Strickland Decision:

In the State section you will enter a correction under "Enter your Total Other Exclusions."

Here is an example of what that entry would look like:

lshaffer

I had a similar problem a few years ago I just filed an amended return and attached a spread sheet showing my calculations and explanation (ie a copy of the CRSC determination) to get a tax refund.  It appeared the IRS is aware of the CRSC and the 1099-Rs from DFAS.  If you look at the amended return it is rather easy to file 

ReneeM7122

Correct.  If a return is not yet filed but you want to to fix the difference for the untaxable amount as per the Strickland Decision:

@lshaffer