turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband is in the local pipefitters union in Columbus, OH. His paystubs do not reflect the pension savings as it is done at the national level. How do we claim this?

He receives a certain dollar amount based on his hours worked for the year.  I know we can claim the health insurance as it is also based on number of hours worked.  I want to confirm that we can claim his pension/retirement savings that is be handled the same way.  Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My husband is in the local pipefitters union in Columbus, OH. His paystubs do not reflect the pension savings as it is done at the national level. How do we claim this?

Is he getting the pension now?  You don't report it and it is not deductible.  It's not on his W2?

he is currently working and not receiving money from it.  It is not on his W2 as the local companies in the union do not individually contribute.  He receives quarterly statements with how much is in his 401K/pension accts.  They have more than one.  There are national and local pensions that he will be able to draw from once he retires.

But is he making any of the contributions?  Or do they just put in for him?

they are putting it in for him.

Then you can not deduct it or need to report it.  Only when he starts taking distributions.

Thank you!
lrp5416

contact your Local Union hall
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies