My husband gets a retirement check from General Mo...

vrose922

My husband gets a retirement check from General Motors because they closed the plant but he is still working, how do i file this

macuser_22

Retirement should be reported on a 1099-R form.    Did they send a 1099-R?

If he is receiving a pension then he should have received a Form 1099-R for the pension income received in 2020.  If he is still working as an employee then he should have received a W-2 for his 2020 wages.

Both the Form 1099-R and the W-2 are entered on a tax return in the Wages & Income section of the TurboTax program.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

Enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

vrose922

Yes we received 1099-r

macuser_22

Then just enter it.