Solved: My daughter receives survivor benefits. The check goes to me since my daughter is 12. Do I need to put that on my tax return or do I file a seperate tax return for her?

My daughter receives survivor benefits. The check goes to me since my daughter is 12. Do I need to put that on my tax return or do I file a seperate tax return for her?

Social Security benefits received by a dependent child are not reported on your tax return.  If the child has no other income they do not report the benefits received on a tax return.  

The Social Security form SSA-1099 will have the Social Security number of the child entered on the form, not yours.