Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2873040s

My daughter list her job due to Vovid 19 and she lives with me. Do I qualify for Covid 19 ira disbursements?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

My daughter list her job due to Vovid 19 and she lives with me. Do I qualify for Covid 19 ira disbursements?

You would qualify for a Coronavirus-Related Distribution if you suffered adverse financial consequences as a result of a member of your household being laid off due to COVID-19.  See the definition of a qualified individual in Section 1.B of IRS Notice 2020-50:  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-20-50.pdf

You would not qualify if your daughter being laid off did not cause you any financial difficulties.

If your daughter lived with you prior to the covid situation AND  her income loss  hurts your family situation because it paid the bills  AND you have to take a pension distribution due to this fact  THEN you did suffer and can qualify for the exemption.   Read the rules. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies