Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmd8766

My 199-SA doesn't have boxes labeled 1a...etc. It has Gross distribution - $603.46 with Code 1 and then there is another line with gross distribution with code 3 and 1 with no dollar amount. How do I report this info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

My 199-SA doesn't have boxes labeled 1a...etc. It has Gross distribution - $603.46 with Code 1 and then there is another line with gross distribution with code 3 and 1 with no dollar amount. How do I report this info?

Sounds like you have a nonstandard form, but that shouldn't be a problem. On a standard form, Box 1 has the dollar amount of the gross distribution and Box 3 has the distribution code, which is usually a "1". When you are on the 1099-SA entry screen in TurboTax, enter the $603.46 in Box 1 - Gross distribution and select "1-Normal distribution" from the drop-down menu under Box 3 - Distribution code. (Click the screenshots below to enlarge them for reference.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LindaA
Expert Alumni

Sounds like you have a nonstandard form, but that shouldn't be a problem. On a standard form, Box 1 has the dollar amount of the gross distribution and Box 3 has the distribution code, which is usually a "1". When you are on the 1099-SA entry screen in TurboTax, enter the $603.46 in Box 1 - Gross distribution and select "1-Normal distribution" from the drop-down menu under Box 3 - Distribution code. (Click the screenshots below to enlarge them for reference.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies