turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dmertz
Level 15

My 1099 , box 5 has an amount for ROTH cont. when you ask if I made a contr. is this a yes?

In the past TurboTax has had bugs (known ones were subsequently fixed) that have caused inappropriate interactions on TurboTax's 1099-R Summary among various Forms 1099-R when multiple Forms 1099-R are entered.  Perhaps that is happening here.

My 1099 , box 5 has an amount for ROTH cont. when you ask if I made a contr. is this a yes?

Rather than entering "different #", I entered as it appears on 1099r and used the right-click override to make the IRA w/s correct  (on line 34). Line 51 copies from 51 automatically. I figure that's for my own records anyway. 

Please let me know if anyone thinks I should "work this" differently.  Thanks    

dmertz
Level 15

It's likely that the override will prevent you from e-filing.

Ah .. guess I'm back to entering the box 1 amount as if it were also in box 5 .. to appease TT software.

Since I have this issue as well as the two other "splits" needed to avoid other mis-uses of box 5 entries,  

Any chance this could be fixed instead ?  Would this be the place to request a fix ?   Thanks    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies