Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

swptxlex

My 1040 Line 64 is reporting $19,000 even after I have deleted all income (W-2s, 1099-Rs, etc.). How do I find out where this is coming from so I can delete it ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 1040 Line 64 is reporting $19,000 even after I have deleted all income (W-2s, 1099-Rs, etc.). How do I find out where this is coming from so I can delete it ?

Its easy with the desktop software, you switch to "Forms Mode", and look a the "Tax Payments Worksheet"  which breaks down all withholding by form type.

To do that with Online, you need to pay for your software with a credit card......go to the Print Center on the left side of the screen, and save you tax return to a PDF...with ALL Forms and Calculation Worksheets....and then look for the "Tax Payments Worksheet" in that set .  IT should prompt you to pay at that time (if you haven't already.)

Other forms that might have Federal withholding on them include.

SSA-1099, RRB-1099, RRB-1099-R

W-2G

1099-MISC

1099-G for unemployment (not state refunds)

1099-K

Schedules K-1

Occasionally, 1099-DIV, -INT or -OID

.....and brokerage forms 1099-B  (could be real, but usually it's people who  enter their ISO, or NQSO employee stock options exercises there, but accidentally include their Federal withholding when the withholding was actually already on their W-2 form itself)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Its easy with the desktop software, you switch to "Forms Mode", and look a the "Tax Payments Worksheet"  which breaks down all withholding by form type.

To do that with Online, you need to pay for your software with a credit card......go to the Print Center on the left side of the screen, and save you tax return to a PDF...with ALL Forms and Calculation Worksheets....and then look for the "Tax Payments Worksheet" in that set .  IT should prompt you to pay at that time (if you haven't already.)

Other forms that might have Federal withholding on them include.

SSA-1099, RRB-1099, RRB-1099-R

W-2G

1099-MISC

1099-G for unemployment (not state refunds)

1099-K

Schedules K-1

Occasionally, 1099-DIV, -INT or -OID

.....and brokerage forms 1099-B  (could be real, but usually it's people who  enter their ISO, or NQSO employee stock options exercises there, but accidentally include their Federal withholding when the withholding was actually already on their W-2 form itself)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies