Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Last year, I thought TSP (military's retirement fund) was an IRA. Now it won't let me submit my taxes. Tried amending last years and it got rejected. Please help

I keep seeing "IRA Contributions Worksheet: Line 26 - Taxpayer's excess Roth IRA contributions credit should be equal to $..., the Roth IRA contribution credit from Form 5329, Part IV. I keep putting 0 in line 26 and on the top and nothing happens.

I asked this a bit ago and someone recommended me amending last years taxes as I put that I contributed to an IRA when I was contributing to TSP (military’s retirement fund) that I thought was considered an IRA. I submitted the amendment and it got rejected. I want to call an expert, but I'm living in Japan right now with a Japanese phone number. The website wouldn't accept the Japanese phone number format and I'm at a loss of what to do. Is there any chance that someone can help me this issue? I tried seeing if I can submit another amendment, but this time it had me download an app and it gave me a bunch of weird technical errors. Any help would be much appreciated and put my mind at ease as it's been stressing me out a ton. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Last year, I thought TSP (military's retirement fund) was an IRA. Now it won't let me submit my taxes. Tried amending last years and it got rejected. Please help

You can only e-file current year amendments. You will need to paper file your amendment since it is for last year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies