turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there anything else I need to do after I enter my 1099R with distribution code E? Plan corrected over contribution for me during 2019 year

I received 1099R with distribution code E for 2019 tax year since my plan administrator allow me to over contribute to my 401k account, and plan administrator realize the mistake they made and disturbed the over contribution and earning to me before 12/31/2019, and I received 2019 1099R with distribution code E. I did enter this 1099R in the turbotax, is there anything else I need to do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is there anything else I need to do after I enter my 1099R with distribution code E? Plan corrected over contribution for me during 2019 year

No.  Just enter the 1099-R

Distributions Under Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS)

The procedure for correcting excess annual additions under section 415 is explained in the latest EPCRS revenue procedure in section 6.06 of Rev. Proc. 2019-19, 2019-19 I.R.B. 1086, available at IRS.gov/irb/2019-19_IRB#RP-2019-19.

Distributions to correct a section 415 failure are not eligible rollover distributions although they are subject to federal income tax withholding under section 3405. They are not subject to social security, Medicare, or Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) taxes. In addition, such distributions are not subject to the 10% early distribution tax under section 72(t).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies