Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a "5-year State Tax History Report" in addition to the (Federal 5-year) "Tax History Report" in Turbo Tax

I've used the Premier Desktop version of Turbo Tax since 2011, and print the: Tax History Report, which is  for the Federal 1040 form.  I do not see anything similar for my State (Oregon) return? 

I don't think it exists?  I think it would be a good addition.   I understand every state is different so it may be a more complex addition. 

... john

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Is there a "5-year State Tax History Report" in addition to the (Federal 5-year) "Tax History Report" in Turbo Tax

If you save a PDF with all the worksheets included and you don't see it then it doesn't exhist at this time ... the future is still to be written so maybe they will later. 

I looked through all the PDF titles for my state return and did not see it in the Oregon State Return, (I don't think I missed it).  Perhaps a history report is prepared for other states? 

Otherwise, this could be a suggestion to the Turbo Tax team, especially if others think it would be useful.

I have been using Turbo Tax Premier for many years.  At least for CA, they have never had a 5-year comparison that I could find.  However, through 2022, they always had a CA "Two-Year Comp" form that was 2-year comparison. This form appears to have disappeared with my 2023 version (along with several other forms) and it is really, really annoying to me.   I guess it is possible that it is still supported, but it is not clear to me how to enable it if it is.   The attached screenshot shows my list of CA form for 2022 on the left, and 2023 on the right.TurboTaxScreenshot.jpg

Belay my first answer.   While there still isn't a 5-year comparison for CA State (and as far as I know, there never has been), the CA two year comparison is accessible in TT 2023.   I don't recall needing to do this before but I needed to manually open it via the "Open Form" buttons as it was not automatically available under Forms in My Return.   

Hi dhasenauer,

FYI - Below the Oregon "Open Form" List. 

Oregon TT - does not have a 2-Yr Comparison. I also checked TT 2021 (none)

2023 Oregon Forms.jpg

I can use the Tax Summary and other forms and put the info in excel for several years.

john

Bummer.  Yes, my CA forms list under Open Forms included a "2-year Comparison" just before the Tax Return Summary.  I was about to go the Excel route, and then discovered the form.   Good luck

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies