turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Income Ananlysis shown after e-filing is not correct. It is missing my 2023 Social Security income.

My 2023 Social Security was not taxable (which is correct). However, the Income Analysis after e-filing is missing my Social Security income entirely so that the 2023 analysis figure is completely incorrect. I also previously posted that in Forms, my 2022-2023 Two-Year Comparison form is also missing my 2023 Social Security income, skewing the 2023 income figure. I am rapidly losing confidence that Turbo Tax is handling my Social Security income correctly even though my tax returns appear to be correct. What is causing this problem & why is my 2023 Social Security income not appearing on these 2 reports?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Income Ananlysis shown after e-filing is not correct. It is missing my 2023 Social Security income.

I'm having the same issue with 2023 turbotax program. The taxable income is missing and it shows zero tax due.  I e-flied  mines thinking, what a blessing. Nope, I'm waiting on my letter from IRS explaining why my refund amount will be changed.  This is happening on every person's filing I attempt to do. Is anyone from Turbotax working on this issue? Did I receive a defective download program?

Oh no. Where is the Turbo Tax rep telling us what we should do now?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Please clarify your question.

• Are you using the FORMS mode in the Desktop/CD version?
  • What is the name of the form the error is on?
  • You should not post directly in FORMs mode. 
    • It all should be entered in step by step.
    • There may be calculations that could be missed.
  • On the two year comparison the Social Security value is the taxable amount, not the total value.

@sandrasouther 

@hawkinsminor 

Please contact us again with any additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just got off the phone with Turbo Tax CPA. My return is correct & my SS is NOT taxable in my specific situation. He explained that Turbo Tax does NOT include SS income on the Two-Year Comparison screen found in the Forms list for the desktop version & it does NOT include Social Security income on the multi-year Income Analysis screen after you e-file your return either. In summary, my return was confirmed to be correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies