cameron-young28

If my 1099 has an EIN that is also a social security number, how do I enter it as a SS? My only option was EIN format and its saying it's invalid.

AnnetteB

The default is to enter the EIN in the EIN format instead of as a Social Security Number.  However, on the 1099-MISC input screen, there is an option to change the format.  The Button to do so is located underneath the box where you would type the number in EIN format.

Click on the thumbnail picture below for a visual reference.

cameron-young28

I can only access it via "fixing my federal return."  I have paid already, so I can't start over.  Any suggestions?